Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Decision at OSU  (Read 684 times)

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Decision at OSU
« on: April 18, 2005, 01:13:02 PM »
Well, I went from "referred" to "complete" today, which, from what I have gathered, means I have been waitlisted or rejected. Has anyone else gone to "decision" or "complete" at OSU today?

If I am indeed waitlisted that's just as bad as a rejection since they haven't pulled from their waitlist for several years...

Oh well...

ilsox7

Re: Decision at OSU
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 02:44:40 PM »
Nope but I am sending them a nice little withdrawal note today.  I am definitely going to mention a few things about their admissions process.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 03:38:35 PM »
It took them literally MONTHS to request my LSAC report.  My status has been "referred" for a month.  I am disgusted with them.  I applied b/c I needed to apply to some schools that weren't as much of a reach for me, yet this place has been a total disappointment. 

I don't think I would go if they did accept me.  The only thing going for that place is that you seem to be able to become an OH resident just by using the restroom in state.

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 03:42:05 PM »
Yea I've been Referred for almost 3 months.  I've known for a couple of months (since my 1st acceptance) that I wouldn't be going here.  But I paid for a decision.  However, I am done with them.  My numbers are competitive, I've gotten into "better" schools, and they don't even have enough class to tell me I am deferred or on hold or something. 

Go Blue!

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that I do not think I should be accepted.  I know htis process is crazy...I just feel as though having applied in January and it being 2 weeks from May, that I deserve a ding, WL, Acceptance, or Hold.  Something.  Anything.

bobo21

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 04:43:46 PM »
The admissions office was always very nice to me and responseive whenever I made an inquiry. 

I was referred for about a month and a half before my decision, I think it is just a sign that they read over things carefully.

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 05:01:25 PM »
I have been referred for about the same time as ilsox which makes it seem odd that I would go to decision first.

It was kind of strange. I checked my status this morning and it was "referred" so I left a message with the admissions office to see if there was still a chance of gaining admittance this late in the process. When I came back from running about an hour later I was "complete" which was then followed by a phone call telling me that my decision would be mailed tomorrow. I sure hope that my call didn't prompt them to reject or waitlist me out of spite. In all honesty I have no hope of getting an acceptance in the mail.

The only problem is that I really wanted to attend OSU :/

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 02:03:12 PM »
My status finally changed to "complete" today.  Did you get in or not Snough?

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 03:14:08 PM »
Been at complete for 2 weeks and haven't heard anything.  I doubt I'd get in, even off the waitlist.  I'm considering going to another school and transferring to OSU.  Does anyone know how many transfers they take? 
Fed gov't atty

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 01:04:58 AM »
Guess I spoke too soon...got the waitlist letter in the mail tonight. 

I wonder how soon after the first deposit is due that they'll figure out if they need to touch the waitlist....
Fed gov't atty

MC Paul Barman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 11:36:02 AM »
I hope they decide soon...I need to make a decision. :(