Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Best Movie Quotes  (Read 19418 times)

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Movie Quotes
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2004, 05:46:41 AM »
"Fratres! [brothers] Three weeks from now I will be harvesting my crops.  Imagine where you will be, and it will be so.  Hold the line!  Stay with me!  If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and you are already dead!  Brothers...what we do in life echoes in eternity."
"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2004, 11:15:53 AM »
"OK. Yoa' hona', wit all due respect, past and present and without further.. to do. Let me assure this coa't, dat I am through walkin' on the wild side. Dat's all I've been trying to tell you, have been sick, with the social ills known in the ghetto, but my time, in the sterling correctional facilities of Greenhaven an' Sing-sing has not been in vain. I've been cured! Born again, like the Wata'gate-a's. I know you heard this rap befoa'. Yoa' hona', I mean it; this is the truth; I change. I change, and it didn't take no 30 yeea's like yoa' hona' thought, but only 5. That's right sir. Five years and look at me, completely rehabilitated, re-..invigorated, reassimilated, and finally gona' be relocated and I wana' thank a lotta people for that; I look over there and I see that man there Mr Norwall. I wana' thank you sir, for making the tapes in an illegal fashion. I would like to thank, the coa't of appeals for reversing you, yoa' hona', and I wana' thank, almighty God without whom no case gets tossed."

Same movie:

"Who the @#!* are you that I should know who you are?  Hmmm?  You think you like me? You ain't like me mofo. I've been with made people, connected people. Who you been with? Ol' chain snatching, jive talking, malicolm motherfuckers! Why don't you get out of here and go snatch a purse!"

Also from the Same Movie:

"I'm RELOADED!!!  Ok?  Come on in here motherfuckas.  C'mon I'm waitin for ya.....oh you ain't comin in?  OK...I'm comin' out.  Oh you up against it now motherfuckas.  I'm gonna blow your f-in brains out!  You think you're big time?  You're gonna f-in DIE big time!"

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

egfmba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2004, 04:44:17 PM »
Thanks Dante!

Okay, now I see how the Choson got all those posts...instead of putting one full thought into one posts, he just creates a new post!  Instead of editing a previous post, he'll immediately post another comment in a new post!!!  Maybe I should start doing the same thing...so I can be cool like the Choson!! :D :D :D

More quotes: 

Trading Places:
"It was the Dukes! It was the Dukes!" (said while being strangled)

Back to the Future:
"You built a time machine...out of a Delorean?"

Airplane:
"I'm not sorry!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible. - Allan Massie

thechoson

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2004, 04:49:08 PM »
Thanks Dante!

Okay, now I see how the Choson got all those posts...instead of putting one full thought into one posts, he just creates a new post!  Instead of editing a previous post, he'll immediately post another comment in a new post!!!  Maybe I should start doing the same thing...so I can be cool like the Choson!! :D :D :D

More quotes: 

Trading Places:
"It was the Dukes! It was the Dukes!" (said while being strangled)

Back to the Future:
"You built a time machine...out of a Delorean?"

Airplane:
"I'm not sorry!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Having a lot of posts is not cool, trust me. It just says you are a bored tool, which I am

egfmba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2004, 05:13:51 PM »
Bored, maybe.

Tool, no.
We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible. - Allan Massie

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2004, 09:15:06 PM »
"Do you like Apples?"
"What?"
"I said do you like Apples?"
"Well...yeah, sure."
"Well I got her number!  How do you like them apples?"
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

jbshane

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2004, 10:02:03 PM »
My favorite from Good Will Hunting:

"Nobody works in this town without a retainer, guys. You think you can find somebody who does, let me tell you, you have my blessing. But I think we all know that person is not going to represent you as well as I can."

and then Clerks (Kevin Smith is the greatest source of one-liners ever):

"My mom's been f-in' a dead guy for 30 years. I call him dad."

[After losing a hockey ball from the roof]
Dante Hicks: Are there any balls down there?
Jay: About the biggest pair you ever seen, dingleberry!

Silent Bob: You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you.

Dante Hicks: Hey, try not to suck any male private part on the way through the parking lot!

Dante Hicks: Yeah, I mean aside from the cheating, we were a great couple. I mean that's what high school was about, algebra, bad lunch, and infidelity.

thechoson

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2004, 11:11:36 PM »
"You're right, maybe I can't beat him. Maybe all I can do is stand there and take what he gives.  But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me.  But to kill me, he's going to have to stand in front of me.  And to do that, he's got to have the heart to die himself.  I don't know if he's ready for that."

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2004, 12:21:46 AM »
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2004, 12:31:24 AM »
Guys, we got 70 bucks and a pair of girl's underpants.  We're safe as kittens!
Loyola LA Here I Come!!