Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This is not a joke ... be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 33288 times)

BigTex

This is not a joke ... be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 10, 2005, 11:05:47 AM »
This is not a joke. Some law school admission committees match up LSD and LSN profiles to their applications. Not only that, they sometimes  call other admissions committees at other law schools to "inform" on them if they find something they consider objectionable.

I got a call about such a matter. Everything is fine and all is well and has been worked out. But this scared the living bejeesus out of me. This is not a joke. LSD/LSN is not a separate universe from the real, live world of admissions committees.

I am cancelling my LSD and LSN accounts. I am not coming back. If "BigTex" re-registers it is not me. To any schools I offended in my posts I am deeply sorry and I apologize. If you are reading, I please request that you not contact any more schools. I am now attempting to contact you to resolve the matter. I very much want to make amends with anyone I may have offended. You will hear from me shortly.

LaneSwerver

Re: This is not a joke ... be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 11:14:03 AM »
This is...odd. It's as if someone is holding a gun to his head. We need to send Lassie over to his house to help him. Where's Lassie when you need her?

momofthree

• Sr. Citizen
  • my sweetie in action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 11:18:46 AM »
Bigtex isn't an "offensive" poster. 

I'm really sorry. I hope you get this all straightened out. 

You want me to go all the way up there, to a Yankee school, just so I can come over every weekend and practice "free love" with you?

LaneSwerver

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 11:20:27 AM »
Just bizarre, though. Unless you're handing out all of your personal information, why would LS go through the trouble of matching you up?

LaneSwerver

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 11:27:20 AM »
Again, how could they nail someone down? Was he signing his name to every post? I just can't buy it that LS have the time or really care about what people say about them on a discussion board.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 11:29:39 AM »
May I just add that I love U of H and South Texas. Thank you.

momofthree

• Sr. Citizen
  • my sweetie in action
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 11:36:49 AM »
Lane, any chance you will come up to Nebraska?
You want me to go all the way up there, to a Yankee school, just so I can come over every weekend and practice "free love" with you?

LaneSwerver

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 11:40:11 AM »
Lane, any chance you will come up to Nebraska?

That depends on Creighton!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 11:41:07 AM »
I too find that really odd. What could he have possibly said that was worse than other things posted on here? But one thing I know about BigTex is that he's not an evil liar just trying to upset people. I don't know...I went through and reread all my posts anyway...

I reread the last six of my posts and realized I should be on medication.

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 11:41:57 AM »
I too find that really odd. What could he have possibly said that was worse than other things posted on here? But one thing I know about BigTex is that he's not an evil liar just trying to upset people. I don't know...I went through and reread all my posts anyway...

Me too.  But I think I'm safe.  This is weird, though.
UVa it is!