Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 302271 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: DAMN U HOWARD!!!!!!1111
« Reply #660 on: November 22, 2005, 01:30:42 PM »
I feel what you're saying.  Even though its not a direct criteria (how much CPT a school has in returning apps) it can indirectly taint other criteria that will effectively lower their overall stats.  Such as returning the US News survey back to US News 4 months late...
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

partyguy708

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 26, 2005, 08:16:01 PM »
Why are you so into Howard?

John Galt

« Reply #662 on: November 26, 2005, 09:25:08 PM »

The history, my friend. The history.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 26, 2005, 10:47:43 PM »

The history, my friend. The history.

tell 'em John, tell 'em
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

newyorkstoryz

• View Profile
Question about Merit Scholarships at Howard
« Reply #664 on: November 27, 2005, 12:09:21 AM »
Hi all,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Question: What do you think my chances of receiving merit scholarship at Howard are and would you have any idea how much?  Background: Black Female, 3.15 GPA from an ivy, 157 LSAT, father went to HUSL, in college campus leader, 3 years in the workforce with pretty impressive job history. 

I'm trying to get a handle on what to expect from Howard money-wise since it seems from most of these posts that I may not hear from them for a while.

Thanks so much,
Hoping to Get In, Dying to Get Funding

lex19

Re: Question about Merit Scholarships at Howard
« Reply #665 on: November 27, 2005, 10:31:30 AM »
if it's by stats only you should def get some money, good luck!
Hi all,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Question: What do you think my chances of receiving merit scholarship at Howard are and would you have any idea how much?  Background: Black Female, 3.15 GPA from an ivy, 157 LSAT, father went to HUSL, in college campus leader, 3 years in the workforce with pretty impressive job history. 

I'm trying to get a handle on what to expect from Howard money-wise since it seems from most of these posts that I may not hear from them for a while.

Thanks so much,
Hoping to Get In, Dying to Get Funding

monimone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 03, 2005, 10:57:10 PM »
Howard is a good school if you believe in legal change in the black community and you want to be a litigator.  I got into HUSL and was faced with the very difficult choice of paying 90k for a decent legacy fulfilled education or do I attend a T1 very good public university.  Suffice it to say, I chose the latter.  You have to go to HUSL before you accept or think that its the place for you.  Before I visited I was gunho about HUSL but when I got there I was very displeased.  I am extremely happy to be where I am today and I feel that I still have all the same opportunities as what I would have had at HUSL.  The only things that I think I missed out on are the different experiences that I would have had being in D.C. and being an HUSL student.  It is very true about HUSL being in a serious need for black male students.  But what law school isn't?  If you are a black male, apply to a bunch of schools.  Write a hell of a personal statement speaking about how your experiences as a black man have shaped your view.  Focus on the highlights of your educational experience.  If you haven't heard back from HUSL, wait!  I applied in like October 2004 and didn't get my acceptance letter until February 2005.  And yes, there are some beautiful ladies at HUSL.  If you get in stay focused!!!!

P.S.  Don't worry about the stats.  Trust me!!!

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
What is going on with Howard?
« Reply #667 on: December 15, 2005, 02:20:42 PM »
Does anyone have any info as to when Howard starts sendinng out acceptances?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: What is going on with Howard?
« Reply #668 on: December 15, 2005, 02:26:24 PM »
I think that some people have already received theirs.. they probably know that you aren't planning on attending so they've put your letter on the backburner :D
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is going on with Howard?
« Reply #669 on: December 15, 2005, 02:29:01 PM »
LOL. Good Point. But I'm seeing how long I can go with no rejections.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass