Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 287402 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: Did anybody get in to FAMU's L.E.A.P. Program?
« Reply #1480 on: June 23, 2006, 12:10:28 PM »
shiiiiit once again I must say I am happy just to be accepted.  Bump everybody else
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

lookatdawheelz

• The best that ever did it...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 24, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »
shiiiiit once again I must say I am happy just to be accepted.  Bump everybody else

Couldn't say it any better than that...Finally, what school in FLA are you attending?

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 24, 2006, 11:34:01 AM »

Couldn't say it any better than that...Finally, what school in FLA are you attending?

;D  got accepted into FAMU and St. Thomas; and some others. Didn't post that before cause I know some elitist will come on here hating. But like I said- bump everybody else.   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 24, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »
okay will do ;D

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
Howard Law
« Reply #1484 on: July 03, 2006, 03:15:34 PM »
anyone go...im thinking about applying...wanna do entertainment law...any info on employment prospects availability of internships/externships etc.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
Re: Howard Law
« Reply #1485 on: July 03, 2006, 03:17:37 PM »
apply.  good prospects if you can finish in the top 25% or so of the class.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Inquirer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 03, 2006, 03:58:04 PM »
Sands - In most of those threads, doesn't Howard lose?  Do we have any "Howard vs. BlahBlahBlah School of Law" threads where someone actually ends up going to Howard??

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 03, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »
Sands - In most of those threads, doesn't Howard lose?  Do we have any "Howard vs. BlahBlahBlah School of Law" threads where someone actually ends up going to Howard??

Didn't that girl Andromeda choose Howard over GW recently?
Columbia 3L

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #1489 on: July 03, 2006, 04:00:47 PM »

LOL

I think you might be right.  But even in the threads where folks ended up going to another school there were strong arguments made on behalf of Howard that will be useful to the jarhead
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston