Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 287602 times)

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
Did anybody get in to FAMU's L.E.A.P. Program?
« Reply #1460 on: June 16, 2006, 11:03:06 PM »
I did , I am so excited classes start June 26th and they will go on for about 6 weeks. I am still in shock that I even got in. But GOD is good, I am hoping to hook up with someone on here that also got in or if there is anyone on here that wants to share a FAMU story please feel free, good and bad ones. I don't care anything that can help me will be appreciated.
ChristyLove

headmistress

Re: Did anybody get in to FAMU's L.E.A.P. Program?
« Reply #1461 on: June 17, 2006, 06:49:15 PM »
What kind of classes do you take in the LEAP program? Congratulations on getting in. I go to Barry which is the other law school in Orlando. I haven't really heard anything horrible about FAMU. I heard it has really nice facilities ever since it moved into its new building in the spring.
Where are you from?

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 18, 2006, 01:31:02 AM »
I am from Atlanta, and I also applied to Barry, but I did not get in. From what I understand the classes are mostly legal writing and research. Their new facility is awesome, it has a really great library and a super computer lab. My biggest problem right now is finding an apt, that I can afford. Any suggestions?

What kind of classes do you take in the LEAP program? Congratulations on getting in. I go to Barry which is the other law school in Orlando. I haven't really heard anything horrible about FAMU. I heard it has really nice facilities ever since it moved into its new building in the spring.
Where are you from?
ChristyLove

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #1463 on: June 18, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »
I did , I am so excited classes start June 26th and they will go on for about 6 weeks. I am still in shock that I even got in. But GOD is good, I am hoping to hook up with someone on here that also got in or if there is anyone on here that wants to share a FAMU story please feel free, good and bad ones. I don't care anything that can help me will be appreciated.

Hey Christylove remember me from LSN!? Congratuations!! you got in to a law school. You know I almost went there, that was actually my second choice school that I got into to. I would have loved to study in florida! Is the LEAP program conditional?? I'm sure you will do great! Congrats again!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

headmistress

« Reply #1464 on: June 18, 2006, 02:24:12 PM »
I am from Atlanta, and I also applied to Barry, but I did not get in. From what I understand the classes are mostly legal writing and research. Their new facility is awesome, it has a really great library and a super computer lab. My biggest problem right now is finding an apt, that I can afford. Any suggestions?

You can check out Whisper Lakes, I got a few friends that live there, although it's more closer to Barry than FAMU. I don't know about any apartments over in the downtown area
And it also sucks that a lot of the places that look good and are affordable are going condo

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 19, 2006, 07:01:04 AM »
Good luck at FAMU!!!
Back in the saddle again.

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 19, 2006, 08:09:33 PM »
ChristyLove,

I guess I will see you Monday.  :D

I dropped my FINAL deposit today.

Holla at me... whenever you want.

Im excited as well and trust me, I TOTALLY understand when you say "God is GOOD", because quite frankly that is the ONLY reason why I am going.

But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 21, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »
ChristyLove,

I guess I will see you Monday.  :D

I dropped my FINAL deposit today.

Holla at me... whenever you want.

Im excited as well and trust me, I TOTALLY understand when you say "God is GOOD", because quite frankly that is the ONLY reason why I am going.

Wow that is so cool. I love the picture that you use on this site; it is so funny. I feel you on the "GOD" blessing he truly is the cause. I am really glad that the interim dean changed the criteria for fall admission, this will be the first year that the program will not be conditional. Did Dean Witherspoon tell you that? Hey PM when you get a chance.

ChristyLove

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 21, 2006, 04:00:48 PM »

Hey Christylove remember me from LSN!? Congratuations!! you got in to a law school. You know I almost went there, that was actually my second choice school that I got into to. I would have loved to study in florida! Is the LEAP program conditional?? I'm sure you will do great! Congrats again!

Hey Latinlord, yes I do remember you. I am so psyched. The program is not conditional. It is likely that you will get into a seat in the fall based primarily on the participation and attendance criteria being met. Is that surreal or what? I am sure happy, the main thing is I am in, now comes the challenge of putting my best foot forward. Thank you and Good Luck to you as well. We will talk again soon.
ChristyLove

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:20 PM »
It's weird, funny, and "inspiring" at the same time to see someone being so excited to get into a school that's barely tier 4. Good luck. 

Hey Latinlord, yes I do remember you. I am so psyched. The program is not conditional. It is likely that you will get into a seat in the fall based primarily on the participation and attendance criteria being met. Is that surreal or what? I am sure happy, the main thing is I am in, now comes the challenge of putting my best foot forward. Thank you and Good Luck to you as well. We will talk again soon.