Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 287598 times)

crazy8

Re: Howard Open House
« Reply #1300 on: April 09, 2006, 06:06:37 PM »
If they showin you love like that then I can't really argue; they're making it hard for you to decide huh

Wherever you end up, just represent yard and DO you

Of course, I always have to represent yard!  They had quite a few caribbeans there too, that made me feel at home!!

Jtrich614

Re: HOWARD WAITLIST
« Reply #1301 on: April 09, 2006, 09:52:41 PM »
Accepted: Rutgers-Newark

Waitlisted:Howard
           University of Maryland
           Loyola University-Chicago
           Hofstra
           DePaul

Rutgers and Howard are at the top of my list...

zacharyl20

• Sr. Citizen
  • My dream SUV.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 09, 2006, 10:02:33 PM »
Go to Rutgers, it is higher ranked and will probably give you some decent opportunities. What type of law do you want to practice? Big law or public interest?

M DOT

« Reply #1303 on: April 09, 2006, 10:23:04 PM »
jtrich, id hang in there for howard aside from rankings its def a better school than rutgers but thats just my opinion, dont beat me sands  :P

Jtrich614

« Reply #1304 on: April 09, 2006, 11:26:54 PM »
Go to Rutgers, it is higher ranked and will probably give you some decent opportunities. What type of law do you want to practice? Big law or public interest?

Biglaw

zacharyl20

• Sr. Citizen
  • My dream SUV.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 10, 2006, 01:51:05 AM »

Biglaw

You are going to have to be near the top of your class at Rutgers and Howard in order to get into BIG LAW. Howard, will undoubtedly give you more employment options, however, Rutgers is not bad (especially for NYC BIG LAW). Good luck.

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 10, 2006, 11:05:46 AM »
Zach Zach Zach...where do you get this information about BIGLAW and Howard???  You had some similar thoughts on New York Law school vs. Hofstra.  If JT has to choose between Howard and Rutgers, trust me...it is NOT a bad choice either way.

JT...don't give up your numbers so easily.  You will be judged solely on that on this board (well not this one).  I'm pulling for you either way bruh!
Damn...it's the third year already!!

zacharyl20

• Sr. Citizen
  • My dream SUV.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 10, 2006, 11:13:24 AM »
Zach Zach Zach...where do you get this information about BIGLAW and Howard???  You had some similar thoughts on New York Law school vs. Hofstra.  If JT has to choose between Howard and Rutgers, trust me...it is NOT a bad choice either way.

JT...don't give up your numbers so easily.  You will be judged solely on that on this board (well not this one).  I'm pulling for you either way bruh!

That is a fact, in order to get into BIGLAW from these two schools you have to be near the top of the class...JT once again good luck, but remember you will have to get good grades (in most cases) in order to get into BIG LAW. Intent are you following me around? Did I ever say that either school was bad? Maybe I did, but I don't remember.

crazy8

« Reply #1308 on: April 10, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »

Biglaw

Jtrich keep your head up, you will be where you should be!  Even though I'm more than likely turning down my HU acceptance, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have an easier time getting a biglaw job from Howard than any of my other options.  So if biglaw is what you want to do, and you don't have any other factors holding you back then hop on HUSL when they come knocking (and I'm sure they will).  Law schools and Biglaw are starving for black men!

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
Howard for BigLaw in Cali?
« Reply #1309 on: April 10, 2006, 01:09:23 PM »
So I am facing a decision on Hastings( 5gs in grants) v. Howard (with a full ride).  I want to do big law in San Francisco for about 5-8 years and then go in to local gov't  and policy making. So I want a background in public interest and local gov't but I also want to be able to pull the best big law job poss. with the highest salary (don't we all).  What do you guys think?
There's no homework in Law School