Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 309709 times)

21 Questions

• View Profile
Question for Howard Students
« Reply #1200 on: March 14, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »
Have any of you attended the Washington Lawyers' Committee - Introduction to Legal Reasoning course?  What were your thoughts about it?

Thanks in advance!

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Re: Howard Open House
« Reply #1201 on: March 14, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »
Thanks MDLaw. Congrats on your acceptances too. I'm still trying to chase down THE BLUE SWEATER with the $$$$ and admits.  Maybe he can tell me his secret next week at open house.

silva

• vc n ss
    • AOL Instant Messenger - donel1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 15, 2006, 12:50:44 AM »
HUSL has just admitted me to the program (I Give Jah Thanks). Anybody else been accepted but is still waiting on their financial aid package? Did you call the FinAid office and was given a time frame for when your offer would be made?

Does it mean anything if they didn't include a scholarship offer with your acceptance letter?

it's funny how money change a situation

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1203 on: March 15, 2006, 01:11:10 AM »
My offer came with the acceptance letter. Also I have a question for current 1L's. I need to miss the last day of the Intensive Legal Methods course on friday the 26th of April. Is that going to be a problem if I dont miss any other days?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1204 on: March 15, 2006, 01:12:42 AM »
Gemini I'd be happy to answer any questions. I dont have LSN but I can give you the details of my application if you want it.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

crazy8

« Reply #1205 on: March 15, 2006, 07:00:36 AM »
HUSL has just admitted me to the program (I Give Jah Thanks). Anybody else been accepted but is still waiting on their financial aid package? Did you call the FinAid office and was given a time frame for when your offer would be made?

Does it mean anything if they didn't include a scholarship offer with your acceptance letter?

Congrats silva!  Are you heading there money or not?

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #1206 on: March 15, 2006, 09:37:53 AM »
Gemini I'd be happy to answer any questions. I dont have LSN but I can give you the details of my application if you want it.

Thanks for the offer BLUE.  I was actually just commending you on the outcome of the process. I am pleased with the acceptances I've gotten so far but am still waiting on one more.  If it doesn't pan out, I'll choose a school to defer at and reapply to that one next year - since I don't plan to attend until 2007.  If that's the case, I'll definately be taking you up on that offer for app advice.

Oh and CONGRATS silva!

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 15, 2006, 09:40:34 AM »
Silva----congrats man!!!

Man, it would be nice for HU to come through before I get to DC next week.  Icing on the cake I tell ya!
Damn...it's the third year already!!

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #1208 on: March 15, 2006, 03:53:42 PM »
Silva - Are you going to the open house next week?

Intent - I finally got something from Rutgers, they are having an open house for admitted students on 3/27/06.  You should have your acceptance letter by then so let me know if you plan to check it out.

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 15, 2006, 06:53:27 PM »
Gemini...your optimism is definitely appreciated.  I sent them a continued letter of interest so I am hoping that will do the trick.  I will NEVER apply to LS again and if I did, I wouldn't apply so early.
Damn...it's the third year already!!