Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 298998 times)

crazy8

Re: Howard vs. GW
« Reply #1050 on: February 25, 2006, 02:02:56 PM »
Good luck man, I have a bunch of friends who graduated from Howard Law who are doing great, too many recruiters come there for you to be worried about your future, you'll do great.

I wish there were some HUSL folks on this board to testify and settle some of these hypotheticals.

ScoopNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1051 on: February 25, 2006, 02:30:11 PM »
crazy8 if you want some emails of some of my friends who graduated from Howard, let me know. I can dig them up for you.
In:Northwestern, Emory, Temple ($$), Wash. U($$), Michigan($$$)! Cornell
Out: Columbia
Wait: GULC, NYU.

crazy8

« Reply #1052 on: February 25, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »
crazy8 if you want some emails of some of my friends who graduated from Howard, let me know. I can dig them up for you.

Scoop, I would really appreciate that!  Anyone know anyone who is attending there now?

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1053 on: February 25, 2006, 03:07:25 PM »
yeah they e-mailed me abd told me to pick a date for a tour and invited me to a seminar with Justice Kennedy. Think the seminar was acroos the boardd though
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1054 on: February 25, 2006, 03:08:05 PM »
Dont worry about it George.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

crazy8

« Reply #1055 on: February 25, 2006, 04:59:18 PM »
yeah they e-mailed me abd told me to pick a date for a tour and invited me to a seminar with Justice Kennedy. Think the seminar was acroos the boardd though

http://www.law.howard.edu/701

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
THE DRAMA CONTINUES WHERE IS SUPEROCDMAN GOING TO SCHOOL??
« Reply #1056 on: February 25, 2006, 05:21:47 PM »
Ok everyone knew my situation with me struggling to decide between UVA and howard with a full ride. Heres part 2: Howard with a full ride or washington and lee with 50%? People please give some releveant and logical advice..
UVA Class of 2009

-Fredrick Douglass

M DOT

Re: THE DRAMA CONTINUES WHERE IS SUPEROCDMAN GOING TO SCHOOL??
« Reply #1057 on: February 25, 2006, 05:23:07 PM »
howard, unless you want another 3 years at a place like your undergrad

Slow Blues

« Reply #1058 on: February 25, 2006, 05:27:24 PM »
Well, I could repeat what I said in crazy's thread, but I think Howard offers you employment opportunities you wouldn't find at Washington & Lee. Plus the full-ride scholarship is worth even more than the tuition, since you won't be paying interest on loans.

crazy8

« Reply #1059 on: February 25, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »
In this case I would go with Howard OCD.  Also, if I remember a conversation we had a while back regarding what you want to do once you graduate, you will be fine as long as you work hard (which I'm sure you will).  If I had a full ride from Howard right now, I don't think that I would turn it down for any of your schools (and remember I was one of them who was pro-UVA until you told me what you wanted to do).