Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 424331 times)

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
Re: LSAT 165 GPA 3.5
« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2005, 04:01:06 PM »
Are you serious? Where did you get that information from? I am sure that there are more people with those kinds of GPA and LSAT scores...right?

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: where should i apply?
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2005, 09:44:03 PM »
Boston College, Boston Univ., Southern Cal, Miami, GW, Georgetown/NYU/Columbia/Northwestern as reaches, Cal-Hastings, Fordham, Brooklyn, maybe Tex-Austin?

seems like a good start; I added a few suggestions.  just to categorize (as I'm avoiding studying for Torts).

super reaches
Chicago
Penn
GTown
NYU
Columbia
Northwestern
(I'd also add Cornell and Duke even though they are in crappy "cities")

reaches but within grasp
Emory
Wash U
BC
GW
Vandy
USC

good shot with excellent statements, LORs
BU
Miami
Hastings (should consider the LEOP program)
Fordham

I think this list is way too pessimistic.  I'd say bump each category down a notch or two (i.e. super reaches = reaches, reaches = target, good shot = autoadmit)

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2005, 10:23:03 PM »
Boston College, Boston Univ., Southern Cal, Miami, GW, Georgetown/NYU/Columbia/Northwestern as reaches, Cal-Hastings, Fordham, Brooklyn, maybe Tex-Austin?

seems like a good start; I added a few suggestions.  just to categorize (as I'm avoiding studying for Torts).

super reaches
Chicago
Penn
GTown
NYU
Columbia
Northwestern
(I'd also add Cornell and Duke even though they are in crappy "cities")

reaches but within grasp
Emory
Wash U
BC
GW
Vandy
USC

good shot with excellent statements, LORs
BU
Miami
Hastings (should consider the LEOP program)
Fordham

I think this list is way too pessimistic.  I'd say bump each category down a notch or two (i.e. super reaches = reaches, reaches = target, good shot = autoadmit)

I agree; I tend to be a cynic so my predictions are likely to be more modest than my esteemed colleague.  Nonetheless we both agree that you will be getting into some great schools.  Good luck and keep us posted.

nuffsaid

• View Profile
Re: do i have a shot or should i give up?
« Reply #493 on: December 31, 2005, 02:48:05 PM »
Very useful websites. I didn't think that I would still be in  the running for many of these schools with the numbers that I have.  Hopefully the "soft factors" can help me out even a little bit more. 

Feeling better. 
Thanks all.
EZ

:D

marmars83

• View Profile
3.15/146 What schools can I apply to?
« Reply #494 on: January 03, 2006, 01:30:20 AM »
Hi, I have a 3.15 from UC Berkeley and a 146 from the dec. 2005 lsat.  I am re-taking the lsat in feb. So what schools should I apply to.   I am a half black and iranian female. I worked an average of 40 hours a week while in school.  I had a great summer internship and did a lot of community service.  Thank you for your help!

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Re: 3.15/146 What schools can I apply to?
« Reply #495 on: January 03, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »
Perhaps you should base this on your diagnostics for the Dec LSAT.  A 146 doesn't leave many options, but if you have been preparing for the Feb LSAT and, based on diagnostics, expect a score increase, I would use that range to predict an average LSAT score and plug into Chiashe or the LSAC school finder to come of with a prospective list.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #496 on: January 05, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
you said 3.84 last three semesters. What is your LSAC GPA? that is the end all. Strong LSAT though.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 05, 2006, 09:01:09 PM »
I'd throw Michigan in there as a reach; it is a lot more holistic in its evaluation than, say, Chicago.

L19
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 06, 2006, 11:29:53 PM »
North Carolina Central
Michigan State
Gonzaga
Cleveland State
New York Law School
St John's
CUNY-Queens
Suffolk
Buffalo
Howard

Anne Shirley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 07, 2006, 12:48:50 PM »
Marmars83,

What kind of prep did you do for December and what are you doing now?  My first diagnostic score was a 146 and I scored a 170 on the Dec. LSAT.  I took a Testmasters course (Scoreperfect since I'm in Texas) in April, then took as many diagnostic tests as I could.  Are you seeing a score increase?

SLS 2010