Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 433096 times)

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Re: do i have a shot or should i give up?
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2005, 03:52:07 PM »
You could also plug your numbers into Chiashu and see what the probability for acceptance is at the schools you are interested in.

http://www.chiashu.com/lsat.html

LAcreole

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Struggle Continues
    • View Profile
Re: My chances
« Reply #481 on: December 28, 2005, 04:08:21 PM »
Would it be a good plus that one of my LOR is from a Howard alumni or does that even matter?
Sellouts for sale: 19.99 for reg. and 29.99 for the limit edition ones. Disclaimer: Not for a limited time only,they keep coming by the mintues.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 28, 2005, 04:29:52 PM »
Would it be a good plus that one of my LOR is from a Howard alumni or does that even matter?
definitely a plus

nuffsaid

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 29, 2005, 12:03:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply's.  It has shed new light into my situation and helped me to keep hope alive. 

Take it easy. 

JupiterSun Uhuru

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2005, 12:09:26 PM »
I would apply to schools who don't have app fees.  How do you lose???

no fee online apps:
Dayton, Akron, Willamette, Drexel (new not ABA approved yet)Arkansas-Little Rock, Arkansas-Fayetteville, Western State and Cooley.
FREE APPs!!!
"You may check your ego at the door!"

Slow Blues

« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2005, 12:19:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply's.  It has shed new light into my situation and helped me to keep hope alive. 

Take it easy. 

Definitely. Giving up would be foolish. gemini is right; Tier 2 is looking good and I think you certainly get into some even better schools. Look at LSAC's guide on their site; I'd say you have a fighting chance at Arizona State, Miami, Marquette, DePaul, Santa Clara, Indiana, Penn State, South Carolina, Creighton, Duquesne, Wisconsin, maybe Seton Hall, Florida and Cincinnati, among others.

LAcreole

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Struggle Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2005, 03:53:28 PM »
Thank you all once again for your advice. I have a question and I should know this but I am confuse on the Tier rank. I know law schools are ranked in T14 to Tier 4 or whatever, but what schools are actually in the low tier and tier 2? Also, I have everything from LOR to PS, but I haven't applied to any schools yet, b/c of being discouraged by my ugpa. I thought about grad school, but I was told law schools really don't look at that so it would be a waste of time. I'm just wondering is it to late in the game to send out apps. or should I wait Fall 06'?
Sellouts for sale: 19.99 for reg. and 29.99 for the limit edition ones. Disclaimer: Not for a limited time only,they keep coming by the mintues.

hopeful07

LSAT 165 GPA 3.5
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2005, 02:26:26 AM »
I have been hearing a lot about there only being 29 African Americans with or above a GPA 3.5 and a LSAT score of 165. Are those 29 students considered as the top Black applicants in the country? Or do law schools consider these students the same as Black applicants with 3.0 - 3.49 range with high LSAT scores or Black applicants with 160-164 LSAT with high GPAs...

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT 165 GPA 3.5
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2005, 02:33:38 AM »
This depends on what combo you have in mind.  Obviously a 4.0/180 would be more competitive than a 3.0/180.  But whether a 3.49/175 is more competitive than a 3.7/169 no one can really say.  But I think I'd rather be the latter.  Of your three categories, the last is, in my experience, the one law schools value least.

Slow Blues

Re: LSAT 165 GPA 3.5
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2005, 02:47:08 PM »
This depends on what combo you have in mind.  Obviously a 4.0/180 would be more competitive than a 3.0/180.  But whether a 3.49/175 is more competitive than a 3.7/169 no one can really say.  But I think I'd rather be the latter.  Of your three categories, the last is, in my experience, the one law schools value least.

Agreed. Although of the criteria, 3.5+ GPA or 165+ LSAT, I suspect you will see quite a few more blacks meeting the former criterion than the latter.