Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 433584 times)

LAcreole

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Struggle Continues
    • View Profile
Re: My chances
« Reply #470 on: December 28, 2005, 12:43:02 AM »
First year I was doing good 3.2 but then I dropped bad, I had a death in the family, someone whom I was very close to and I just didn't stay focused at all. I won't use this as an excuse but I attended school in BR, (go JAGS), and I went through a lot experiencing racism and I know it may sound crazy but I never witnessed it until attending undergrad (Louisiana has some crazy white folks in BR). In any case I started high and kept dropping and by the time I was trying to pull up , it was time to graduate.
Sellouts for sale: 19.99 for reg. and 29.99 for the limit edition ones. Disclaimer: Not for a limited time only,they keep coming by the mintues.

Slow Blues

« Reply #471 on: December 28, 2005, 08:45:52 AM »
Umm, I guess try for schools anywhere between 25-100? I'm not sure how some of the higher ranked schools will look at that GPA. But I feel like schools like Cincinnati and Marquette would take you. You have to cast your net really widely. I think you'll definitely get into some places.

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #472 on: December 28, 2005, 09:54:21 AM »
I agree with slow blues. You should definately try for low tier 1 and any tier 2. Your screename implies URM so I'm guessing with that LSAT score you have a roll of the dice with any of those schools. 

nuffsaid

• View Profile
do i have a shot or should i give up?
« Reply #473 on: December 28, 2005, 01:34:50 PM »
Hey everybody.  I was wondering where i should apply or if i should even apply.  I guess Tier 4's would be my only option, but do i even stand a chance there?

What i have going for me is a strong personal statement, letters of reference, experience behind me, strong undergrad school, minority status and special circumstance letter (illness for half my undergrad). 

But my GPA is a 2.9 and I my LSAT is 154. 
I'm writing again in Feb., but no guarantees this will go up so i'm using it as my official score for now. 

Any advice?
Is it worth the money to send out my applications?

P.S - I am from Toronto but would be moving to the States.

Thanks 

LAcreole

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Struggle Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 28, 2005, 02:10:02 PM »
Thank you all. I'm really looking to go to Howard Uni. School of Law, but  I don't know if they will consider me b/c of my gpa. Should I retake my LSAT and try to get higher?
Sellouts for sale: 19.99 for reg. and 29.99 for the limit edition ones. Disclaimer: Not for a limited time only,they keep coming by the mintues.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 28, 2005, 02:13:59 PM »
Thank you all. I'm really looking to go to Howard Uni. School of Law, but  I don't know if they will consider me b/c of my gpa. Should I retake my LSAT and try to get higher?

no you shouldn't retake.  do you have post college WE?

LAcreole

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Struggle Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 28, 2005, 02:42:58 PM »

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2005, 03:35:49 PM »
I think you have an excellent shot at Howard. You are WAAAAAY above their 75% LSAT and their 25% GPA is only 2.86.  As lonf as your PS and recs are in order, I'd say you definately have a shot.

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Re: do i have a shot or should i give up?
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2005, 03:37:07 PM »
If you are URM, I'd say you have a shot at Tier 2. 

LubedPumpkin

• Happily flushing at my TTT.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhunkyKatie
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal
    • Email
Re: do i have a shot or should i give up?
« Reply #479 on: December 28, 2005, 03:40:15 PM »
Hey everybody.  I was wondering where i should apply or if i should even apply.  I guess Tier 4's would be my only option, but do i even stand a chance there?

What i have going for me is a strong personal statement, letters of reference, experience behind me, strong undergrad school, minority status and special circumstance letter (illness for half my undergrad). 

But my GPA is a 2.9 and I my LSAT is 154. 
I'm writing again in Feb., but no guarantees this will go up so i'm using it as my official score for now. 

Any advice?
Is it worth the money to send out my applications?

P.S - I am from Toronto but would be moving to the States.

Thanks 

Yeah, sure. Check lawschoolnumbers.com or the LSAC website to see where you'd be close to acceptance. Don't give up if it's what you really want. Your LSAT isn't too bad and if you've got mad soft factors you've got a shot. No worries!
'pumpkin
----------------------
Signed, Sealed Delivered: Albany
Hit the Road Jack:
Get it While You Can: Suffolk (Waitlisted/Withdrawn)
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind:Quinnipiac

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=schlin96