Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 425920 times)

New Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sunshines through my window
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously depressed, need advice!!
« Reply #460 on: December 26, 2005, 06:59:07 PM »
lol, thanks. Go Blue, I think you have an excellent shot at alot of schools, your high gpa balances out your LSAT very well.

I wasn't really prcticing in the 170's and with my busy schedule next semester I am going to just apply with my current score. If I get in no where I will retake in June and reapply next year. Thanks for all the good advice, hopefully I will get into a school I will enjoy.

zacharyl20

• Sr. Citizen
  • My dream SUV.
    • View Profile
Re: WHERE CAN I GO?
« Reply #461 on: December 26, 2005, 09:37:31 PM »
I have not figured out who will write my LORs. I am thinking about one of my professors from freshman year. Other than that I am not sure. I need to figure out if I qualify to get into law school before I think about the application. I will think about that when I get my LSAT score, lol.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 27, 2005, 11:20:24 AM »
Zach your situation is indeed unique..i share the same sentiments as shae earlier on in this thread... and as a person that had to deal with medical setbacks in undergrad (had to really explain some withdrawals on my transcript due to them) I do believe that some weight is placed on the medical adversity that you had to overcome...if u have a kickass lsat score with that you'll be able to attend some pretty good institutions...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2005, 12:45:46 PM »
emphasis on kickass for the LSAT. Medical or not these adcomms still have reported averages. Potential is great but you have to bring somthing to the table for them. I would have to agree with gator and advise you work your GPA up. becuase if your LSAT isnt high enough, and you have already graduated. Then the biggest two factors in admissions have been blown for you and there is nothing you can do. Hate to be the pessimist but that GPA is going to hurt you. If you have to chance to improve it you need to capitalize. Especially if youre looking at the top 25.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

zacharyl20

• Sr. Citizen
  • My dream SUV.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 27, 2005, 02:32:54 PM »
Thank you blk and super for given me advice. Both of you provided thoughtful advice to me. Super, unfortunately I will not be able to stay in school longer than I have too. I need a break, finishing college in two years and a half is not easy so I really need a break from the academia so that I can rest my brain. I already knew that my GPA was going to hurt me, however, I am sure I will get in somewhere. While getting into a t14 would be nice, I really would like to go to Howard University. I always wanted to go to a HBCU and that would be very interesting. I think that my GPA is in their range. Anyway, if I stay in school another semester or two it would not have a significant impact on my GPA. The highest I would go is from a 3.1 to probably a 3.4, and that is if I get all A's which is not guaranteed. So going to school longer is useless to me and is not something that I am looking into.

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously depressed, need advice!!
« Reply #465 on: December 27, 2005, 06:01:40 PM »
FWIW, I've always used this for some hope.  Maybe you can too.
http://www.rasmusen.org/michigan/grid.htm

GoBlue is not in a bad situation at all with that GPA.

House, what is your list of schools and what are you looking for in particular in a school? 

Slow Blues

Re: where should i apply?
« Reply #466 on: December 27, 2005, 08:10:06 PM »
Boston College, Boston Univ., Southern Cal, Miami, GW, Georgetown/NYU/Columbia/Northwestern as reaches, Cal-Hastings, Fordham, Brooklyn, maybe Tex-Austin?

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
Re: where should i apply?
« Reply #467 on: December 27, 2005, 08:20:50 PM »
Boston College, Boston Univ., Southern Cal, Miami, GW, Georgetown/NYU/Columbia/Northwestern as reaches, Cal-Hastings, Fordham, Brooklyn, maybe Tex-Austin?

seems like a good start; I added a few suggestions.  just to categorize (as I'm avoiding studying for Torts).

super reaches
Chicago
Penn
GTown
NYU
Columbia
Northwestern
(I'd also add Cornell and Duke even though they are in crappy "cities")

reaches but within grasp
Emory
Wash U
BC
GW
Vandy
USC

good shot with excellent statements, LORs
BU
Miami
Hastings (should consider the LEOP program)
Fordham

LAcreole

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Struggle Continues
    • View Profile
My chances
« Reply #468 on: December 27, 2005, 11:59:30 PM »
Ok I've been thinking of my chances with law school. I have a low gpa, yeah really messy 2.2 and 170 on lsat, i know i can get into Southern Law School but i was wondering what other schools would be ok to apply to considering my very low gpa. Thank You for your advice
Sellouts for sale: 19.99 for reg. and 29.99 for the limit edition ones. Disclaimer: Not for a limited time only,they keep coming by the mintues.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
Re: My chances
« Reply #469 on: December 28, 2005, 12:03:54 AM »
what happened gpa wise?  any grade trend?   :'( o my people, such a good LSAT score.