Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 428881 times)

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?
« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
Study hard and try to get a 155 or above!!

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Apply this year, or wait til next cycle?
« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2005, 06:30:05 PM »
i think you should apply this year.
Michigan 2L

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2005, 06:33:12 PM »
Its funny. Thats the RANGE, that Im pushing for. 155+.. Wow thanks for the response. Its greatly appreciated.
But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 11, 2005, 07:48:44 AM »
i 155+, you can do better than fam u. i would think 150 would be enough.

is fam u accredited? i don't think so. 155+ would probably be auto admit with $$. i would imagine that fam u would have direct competition w/ texas southern for students.

question...have you actually taken three prep classes? that is kind of overkill. where are you testing at now? i was testing in the high 150s, low 160,s. if i had to do it all over again, i would just do prep tests with 30 minute time limits. majority of my errors occur at the end of sections. guessed last 6 on both lr sections and got hung up on the circuit game.

i took a prep class. i was scoring higher on my own. i actually scored below my initial diagnostic. note: the prep class was excellent but my approach was not. i allowed myself to become too dependant on the homework. (the homework is untimed.) don't fall into the trap of not working on your speed. speed is sooo important.

check out lsn. there are people with low gpa who get into t2/t3 schools with good lsats.
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

Kobe

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey guys, I need some help figuring this out>>
« Reply #424 on: December 23, 2005, 03:18:26 PM »
Hey guys. I'm wondering what my chances are at a T14. I just got my LSAT score and it is very disheartening: I have a 153. My GPA is 3.3 (3.9 major)

Michigan is my number one choice but I'm wondering if I should even apply. My background: English is my second language (I've been in the country for about 6 yrs), I am African American and I have A LOT of experience in the nonprofit sector(I began 2 nonprofit organizations). Will my soft factors be good enough to help me with my admissions ? Where should I apply and should not apply ?

thanks.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
where should i apply?
« Reply #425 on: December 23, 2005, 03:49:04 PM »
Michigan 2L

cinnamin2891

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hey guys, I need some help figuring this out>>
« Reply #426 on: December 23, 2005, 04:37:05 PM »
Please please please apply to Northwestern and UMich - I think these are great schools for the wonderful background you have.  Good luck with everything.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: December 23, 2005, 04:53:04 PM »
Northwestern loves that kind of thing. Can't say much for Michigan. Have you considered retaking the LSAT?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

Kobe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #428 on: December 23, 2005, 05:40:54 PM »
I would retake. But is it worth it if I only improve by 4 points ? I want to apply this cycle and Feb. is far too late from what I hear.

So Northwestern and UMich really are a possiblity ?

Slow Blues

« Reply #429 on: December 23, 2005, 07:10:05 PM »
I would retake. But is it worth it if I only improve by 4 points ? I want to apply this cycle and Feb. is far too late from what I hear.

So Northwestern and UMich really are a possiblity ?

Well, where were you practice testing? 160 or so?

I'd say Northwestern and Michigan are an outside possibility. It's worth it to try, but these would be your reaches if you're not re-taking. I would suggest: Arizona, Florida, Hofstra, Maryland, Miami, Rutgers-Newark, Temple, and perhaps Brooklyn. You'd stand a good shot at most of these. Any idea where you'd like to practice?