If I wait for the 2.8 I will have to postpone my applications until next year. is that increase worth waiting to send my apps in for? Will it make my file look any better because I will still be under a 3.0.
have you taken the lsat yet? it sounds like you are applying this cycle, or at least hoping to. i say go with the numbers you have. if you don't get into one of your reaches, consider going to schools you do get into.
if you just can't see yourself going to a school ranked lower than 14, then just resign your self to putting school off a year. a 3.0/160 seems to be the magic combo. from there, every incremental increase does wonders.
first things first though. get your lsat score and then make up your mind. i bet a 170/2.5 will get into some pretty good schools.