Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 423946 times)

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2005, 09:51:39 PM »
My advice is to  apply everywhere you want to go. Have a few "safety" schools. You never know. Good luck!
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

rabika

Georgia Schools? Any chance...
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2005, 07:35:55 PM »
I have a 154, a 3.4 UGPA and a 3.7 GGPA.

I HAVE to stay in Atlanta because my husband has residency there for another 4 years (getting married in December!).  Of course, I'm Black.  But with a 154.. I don't know if that'll help. 

The only two schools there are Emory and Georgia State.  Do I have any chance at either of them?  Should I even bother applying? 

Any advice or personal experience would be appreciated. 

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: Georgia Schools? Any chance...
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2005, 07:42:10 PM »
I have a 154, a 3.4 UGPA and a 3.7 GGPA.

I HAVE to stay in Atlanta because my husband has residency there for another 4 years (getting married in December!).  Of course, I'm Black.  But with a 154.. I don't know if that'll help. 

The only two schools there are Emory and Georgia State.  Do I have any chance at either of them?  Should I even bother applying? 

Any advice or personal experience would be appreciated. 

Emory will be a stretch, but not out of the question.  GSU is probably a more realistic option.  Just make sure that your PS is on point and you should have no trouble getting into at least one of those.  Good luck!
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2005, 07:43:31 PM »
I predict that you will get into both, likely with money.

rabika

« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2005, 07:44:45 PM »
Are you serious?!  That's not funny :(   I'm struggling here!!!

silviadc

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2005, 07:47:41 PM »
Go ahead and apply, you never know. 

I would say Emory is a major stretch though.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2005, 07:50:08 PM »
I predict that you will get into both, likely with money.

I don't know about GSU, but there is no hope for money at Emory.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2005, 07:58:03 PM »
What are Emory's numbers this year?  I don't have my handy U.S. News with me.  But considering the fact that someone with a 3.0/160+ can get into the mid-to-upper T14, I don't consider it a stretch of the imagination to say that someone with a 154 can get into a school traditionally ranked in the mid-to-lower twenties, and possibly with money.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2005, 08:00:06 PM »
What are Emory's numbers this year?  I don't have my handy U.S. News with me.  But considering the fact that someone with a 3.0/160+ can get into the mid-to-upper T14, I don't consider it a stretch of the imagination to say that someone with a 154 can get into a school traditionally ranked in the mid-to-lower twenties, and possibly with money.

Getting in is one thing, scholarship is another beast entirely.  The OP should talk to desi desi desi, who is a minority Emory 2L.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2005, 08:03:50 PM »
Judging by the moniker, I assume "desi desi desi" is not black.  You cannot compare a black person with someone from the Indian subcontinent.  I think the OP might be a very desirable candidate for Emory.  Perhaps not Woodruff material, but desireable nonetheless.