Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 424378 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: Very dissapointed today
« Reply #720 on: June 29, 2006, 06:34:37 PM »
Hey sweetie- I sent you a PM.  I too scored extremely low on the LSAT but had a good GPA. I was DEVASTATED! Try the book Best 117 Law Schools   by Eric Owens and The Staff of the Princeton Review.  You can take review courses or maybe even gwet a tutor.  Lots of tops scorers do it to get money for books-  You could even go on a LS campus and look at the board in the student center to see if there's anyone available.  I knew one guy in NY who did it for about $20-$30/hour.  Official tutors run you about $100.

I sent you some schools in your PM.  You still have a lot of options!  You could retake if you want to, don't feel pressured.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

LomeAC

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 29, 2006, 06:35:52 PM »
I agree with Miss Celie Blues. You should definately consider re-taking the test. Any improvement is worth it.
:-)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 29, 2006, 06:42:14 PM »
Nova's Master the Lsat and LSAC Superprep are both great.  I've also heard lots of good things about the Logic Games Bible.  Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.  Another great person to PM is Vera (SunFunLiving) who has an excellent lsat study plan.  She made significant gains from the 140s.  And of course there's lots of info on the LSAT board.

You can find out where you fit in terms of scales on the lsac website.  Law school numbers is also helpful in determining where people with similar numbers got in.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

bkoroma22

• MSN Messenger - bkoroma22@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bkoroma22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bkoroma22
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #723 on: June 29, 2006, 06:43:51 PM »
I have three years working experience that might help. I worked as a paralegal for a year and two years as an underwriting analyst for Aetna. I hope that helps. I'm going to reconsider takign it again, but I'm looking at Widner as of now. I'm in southern NJ and thats the best bet right now. I have better marks than some of the people who went there according to Lawschoolnumbers.com
Sometimes I just don't know

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 29, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »
what were you getting on your practice exams and where do/did you want to go?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 29, 2006, 06:50:44 PM »
Moni, you found the Nova book to be good with games?  That's a weakness of mine, reminds me too much of math.

Also, bkoroma, what materials did you use to study?
Columbia 3L

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 29, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »
I have three years working experience that might help. I worked as a paralegal for a year and two years as an underwriting analyst for Aetna. I hope that helps. I'm going to reconsider takign it again, but I'm looking at Widner as of now. I'm in southern NJ and thats the best bet right now. I have better marks than some of the people who went there according to Lawschoolnumbers.com

Your work experience is great.  Sure reconsider taking it again after you prepare- give it all u can and then some!  Perhaps study w/ tutor.  Definitely go get that book I mentioned, it put my mind @ ease.  And remember the test is just that - a test. Most ppl say the LSAT isn't  a good predictor of anything except of how well you do on the LSAT!  I just don't want you to get discouraged.  If you retake and get a score less than what you wanted, write an addendum to your application.    

EDIT: you should really just stick to actual LSAT tests.  10 Actual Offical LSAT preptests  and 10 More Actual Offical LSAT preptests
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 29, 2006, 06:59:15 PM »
Moni, you found the Nova book to be good with games?  That's a weakness of mine, reminds me too much of math.

Also, bkoroma, what materials did you use to study?

I thought Nova was great with games.  It was pretty much all I used to learn them, other than practice in Superprep.  Nova really sets things out like a class, teaching smaller parts of a concept, then you practice it, then it introduces the full concept with practice.
I also bought Kaplan 180, but didn't think it was that great at all at teaching anything, so I just went through it for practice.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
good lsat score
« Reply #728 on: June 29, 2006, 07:07:32 PM »
curious ...for those of you admitted to say schools in the top 50 (top 14 perferabley but trying to be realistic) what is considered a good score for a minority...keep it real please no b.s. i'm wondering if i should bother applying to some schools with my score....
...man, you was who you was before you got here

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: good lsat score
« Reply #729 on: June 29, 2006, 07:11:38 PM »
What's your GPA?