Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: wow- 2 dings before my bday- suffolk and NYLS  (Read 1860 times)

c/o2008chick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
wow- 2 dings before my bday- suffolk and NYLS
« on: January 24, 2005, 06:36:21 PM »
umm thats 4 rejections and one waitlist i have going for me right now.......awesome :-\
Fairfield U. B.A. Sociology, American Studies
graduating this May! attending seton hall this summer for leo..and hopefully matriculating in the fall!

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: wow- 2 dings before my bday- suffolk and NYLS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 08:47:07 PM »
Where else did you apply?

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 08:56:33 PM »
Maybe, you might want to get some more apps in this week

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 09:55:16 PM »
How is this happening to you? We're in the same scoreband/grid and I have 7 acceptances with 6 scholarships. I just don't get it. Where else did you apply? Goodluck and hopefully it will look up for your birthday.

c/o2008chick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 10:10:57 PM »
i applied pretty much everywhere: nova southeastern, western new england, new england, syracuse, albany, stetson, franklin pierce, oklahoma city, ohio northern, thomas jefferson, uofpacific, barry,seton hall (under special admissions consideration), whittier, widener, tulsa..etc.
sooooo i dont know what else to do..heres who I have heard from:
rejections: st johns, new york law school, suffolk (yeah i suck)
acceptances: 0
waitlist: St. Thomas (which I totally thought was an "in" for me)

im a senior at fairfield u, double major, im a child advocate in the juvenile court system, no criminal record or anything like that

oh well i guess i'll keep crossing these fingers..there is still time, right? does anyone have any suggestions? futher apps etc?
graduating this May! attending seton hall this summer for leo..and hopefully matriculating in the fall!

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 09:34:17 AM »
Oh, you just haven't heard from the schools that will accept you yet. Surely Widener, Barry, Jefferson, OK City and probably Albany based on my knowledge will accept you. I haven't gotten any good news yet either; we just have to hang in there. :)
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

twarga

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 09:41:28 AM »
Widener let me know I was accepted when I visited, but they still haven't sent out any letters/email of acceptance that I know of.  You should get accepted there, at least.  Maybe something will come this week.   ;)

UMHBmom

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 10:00:15 AM »
I was JUST up at OK City U this past week. They're holding most decisions until after the 2/1 deadline. Also, DEFINITELY take the time and energy to fill out the Hatton-Sumners scholarship forms. They're based on more than numbers, and the program itself is a sweet deal: full tution, books, fees, living stipend, mentorship w/ a state supreme court judge, and monthly dinners on the house for you and a guest. I just think the last bit's cute. ;) Also keep in mind that although OKCU is T4, the entire state only has 3 law schools and the highest ranked is still T2 (OU). The students I met who were graduating this year were all Hatton-Sumners scholars and most had jobs lined up. The one student I was paired with had a six-figure position lined up already, and she's graduating debt-free! Another benefit if you do qualify for Hatton-Sumners is that the program is also at Southern Methodist U., a T1 in Dallas, and the schools share reciprocity in job placement while Hatton-Sumners is a program that is recognized in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area as being prestigious. Good luck!

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 10:27:49 AM »
Sorry to hear your bad news. Good luck with the other schools, your list seems pretty good, so hang in there! :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

c/o2008chick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »
thanks guys...good luck to you all too...this process sucks, huh? its like torture. everytime I get rejected I feel like I'm being stabbed..oh well! thanks for your encouragement...i truly appreciate it :)