Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cat-picture Friday (by special request)  (Read 1876 times)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Cat-picture Friday (by special request)
« on: November 19, 2004, 02:45:32 PM »
Amarain requested pictures of my cat, when she said:

Javert, we've seen pictures of someone else's cat, but we want to see pictures of your own cat now! (well I do, at least).

That's not an explicit request, of course, but any excuse to post cat photos, right?

Those of you who follow the political blogosphere know that there's a tradition (pioneered by Kevin Drum, the smartest liberal in America) of posting cat pictures on Friday. I decided to try and start a similar tradition on LSD. I dug out the digital camera, and snapped a couple of photos of my four sleeping:

Note that the bed is a mess. With these four, there's really no point in making it.....
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
Re: Cat-picture Friday (by special request)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 02:47:12 PM »
aww, yay! thank you! I can't believe all four of them sleep together (how immoral  ;) )! I can barely get my two cats in the same room without fighting, let alone sleeping next to each other.

buster

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 02:49:24 PM »
Amarain, stop trying to force your morals on everyone else.  ;)

Javert, I dig Kevin Drum.  :)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 02:52:43 PM »
Amarain-- You're welcome. Actually, the four of them don't ALWAYS sleep together. I don't think it's because of immorality though. ;-). Larry and Curly (the black ones) are brothers, and absolutely inseparable. I have to take both to the vet at the same time; otherwise, they simply spaz out. They haven't been separated since they were kittens, and I seriously think it would be bad for their health if they did. They always sleep together. Sometimes, they both cuddle together on top of my computer monitor, which is simply so cute that I sometimes have to ask them to tone it down a bit.

The other two are the Orange one (Spot) and the white one with a black spot (Nala). Those two are fairly close too. One rarely sleeps without the other. However, it's quite common for orange/white to be in one part of my apartment, with black/black being at another part. I don't really have four cats; I have two sets of two cats. It's weird.

buster-- LOL. And yeah, Kevin Drum is awesome. I don't always agree with his politics, but he's smart and honest.

Sara: Going from the second picture:

Bottom left is Larry.
Above his 'shoulder' and to the right is Curly. Curly has a bigger patch of white on his neck, plus his face and eyes are rounder; that's not evident from this picture, though.
Above him, the Orange one is Spot. Spot, Larry, and Curly are the males.
Nala is the only girl; she's the remaining white/black cat. Nala's also the only one dense enough not to understand "HEY! LOOK OVER HERE!" means, "Let the camera see your face so I can post it on LSD......"

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Verbosity

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 117686925
    • MSN Messenger - Pikeman85@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Pikeman852003
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 02:54:29 PM »
Ah, those cats are beautiful. They're probably not mean and nasty like mine is (My family is thinking of getting rid of her because all she does is attack us)
Mr. Verbosity!

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 02:55:10 PM »
^

My cats are very gentle. Unless you're a plastic mouse or a box. Then you're screwed.

debstar

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 05:07:26 PM »
 :D  Javert, thanks for cute cat pictures to brighten my dragging work day.  I'm sitting here with a big fat silly grin on my face.  I hope none of my co-workers catch me.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 07:34:13 PM »
You're welcome debstar. If my cats cooperate and there's interest, this may become a regular Friday just to help everybody segue into the weekend... ;-D

debstar

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 07:49:13 PM »
What a sweetie!! She/he has HUGE eyes.  Clearly you cannot deny her anything when she looks at you like that.

Dammit, now I want to post my cat pictures and show-off too.  Only they're all on my home computer.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 08:08:05 PM »
Amarain-- I was hoping other people would throw in their photos. Thanks! And yeah, that cat looks like trouble  ;D