;

Author Topic: .  (Read 2951 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« on: March 10, 2008, 11:00:23 PM »

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ARIZONA STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:05:59 PM »
I'm sorry I don't have any info on ASU for you but I'd love to hear what you thought about USD if you are willing to share?

Also, USD said they don't send decisions until the end of March at the latest?  Or earliest?  USD really likes to take their time and apparently ASU does too...what is up with that?
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

Man Crush

• Sr. Citizen
  • I ♥ DWill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:51:47 AM »
I heard from ASU the first of February.  I then got an email a couple weeks later telling me to monitor my financial aid and other progress online at their ASUrite student center and on blackboard.  They never sent me a username or activation code so it's kind of lame.  I emailed them to ask for an activation code or how to get in but I haven't heard back.  It seems like they are possibly quite busy right now. 

Hopefully they will be sending out more admission decisions and other info shortly.  I'm going to be making my decision in the next couple weeks and would love to have more info from them concerning financial aid because it's a huge part of my decision.  Good luck.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-------------------

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:08:31 AM »
Awesome.  Thanks for the input.  Pretty frustrating that they would choose to wait that long before telling people but I guess they have their reasons.

Yeah, I love the SD area but their tuition is outrageous.  Out of curiosity what do you like about ASU v. USD?  The beach v. the blazing sun seems like a no-brainer but the price tag is a definite deterrent.  Both seem like outstanding places for undergraduate babe sight-seeing...if you're into that.
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

rockstar23242

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 02:14:42 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear back too. From looking at LSN it seems that they are always this late in sending out notifications...
LSAT 190, GPA 4.2

tweedledee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
Yeah, I think they're kind of infamous for later responses than other schools. I went there as an undergrad and still have an ASUrite account. I went to this page yesterday to log on: https://www.asu.edu/go/studentcenter/ and found that they just now have record of my pending application. I applied kind of late, but my app was complete March 3. This site says it was complete March 13. Hope it works for you guys, too and that you can get status updates.

Good luck!

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 04:53:03 PM »
I got the same email and was actually able to log to https://www.asu.edu/go/studentcenter/
My status was the same as tweedledee, it said my app was complete as of March 13 (the day I received the email), even though my app was complete in December (I was deferred to regular admissions from early ad).

I actually called the admissions office this morning and the told me that they sent this out to everyone... but back in November/December, they never sent out this email and my app was reviewed anyways.

I have a thread at http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,103171.0/topicseen.html  about this very subject, and received this interesting response:
"I applied and was rejected... didn't recieve the first email. I did recieve an email apologizing for the email to which you are referring."

So maybe it is a precursor to an acceptance letter.. maybe it isn't. They didnt get the email about ASURITE, but got an apology for receiving it because they were rejected? I think that is what the poster meant. Please keep me updated if you find anything new out!! I am just as anxious to figure this whole ASURITE thing out.. it seems silly to send out an email saying "Welcome to ASU" and giving an activation code for a username when they don't EXPLAIN that it might just be for checking an application status. The email I received just gave me info on HOW to set up ASURITE. Thank god someone else is in the same aggravating situation as me. Let me know, please!

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:15:02 PM »
I am now able to use my OWN ASU EMAIL address. IT WORKS!
why would they give me a REAL email address if I weren't accepted? Why would they let everyone have an email account who applied?
However, my status still says complete instead of accepted. so f*ck their slow admissions dept for messing with my head like this.
Let me know if anyone else can get into email

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 05:20:23 PM »
I got the same email and was actually able to log to https://www.asu.edu/go/studentcenter/
My status was the same as tweedledee, it said my app was complete as of March 13 (the day I received the email), even though my app was complete in December (I was deferred to regular admissions from early ad).

I actually called the admissions office this morning and the told me that they sent this out to everyone... but back in November/December, they never sent out this email and my app was reviewed anyways.

I have a thread at http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,103171.0/topicseen.html  about this very subject, and received this interesting response:
"I applied and was rejected... didn't recieve the first email. I did recieve an email apologizing for the email to which you are referring."

So maybe it is a precursor to an acceptance letter.. maybe it isn't. They didnt get the email about ASURITE, but got an apology for receiving it because they were rejected? I think that is what the poster meant. Please keep me updated if you find anything new out!! I am just as anxious to figure this whole ASURITE thing out.. it seems silly to send out an email saying "Welcome to ASU" and giving an activation code for a username when they don't EXPLAIN that it might just be for checking an application status. The email I received just gave me info on HOW to set up ASURITE. Thank god someone else is in the same aggravating situation as me. Let me know, please!

This was originally posted prior to my post about the email, but it isn't showing up on the board for me. Thought I'd re-post it.

AZ_T

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:46:16 PM »
I spoke with someone in ASU Admissions yesterday and they said that they will notify everyone NO LATER than mid May via snail mail.   She hinted to expect it in April, but their standard line is May.  Ouch!